The New Orleans Nightcrawlers release their first album in 11 year, ATMOSPHERE!
Available now in iTunes!
Matt Perrine is a multi-instrumentalist, composer and arranger from New Orleans. He has perfomed in venues from The Sydney Opera House, BBC Studios, Jazz at Lincoln Center to The Bottom Line, Ronnie Scott's, Snug Harbor and The North Sea Jazz Festival . He has been seen around the world performing with Ray Anderson's Pocket Brass Band, The Tin Men, Bonerama, Jon Cleary, The United States Navy Band, Erika Stucky, Susan Cowsill, and all-star group, the Midnite Disturbers. Recording credits include Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt, Willie Nelson, Dr. John, Ani DiFranco, Florence and the Machine, Alex McMurray, Jerry Douglas, Maryanne Faithful, Bruce Hornsby, Better Than Ezra, Bonerama, Leigh Harris, ok go and Stanton Moore. He has composed and written arrangements for acts as varied as The Boston Pops, Kevin Clark's BOSE Big Band, The Pfister Sisters, The New Orleans Nightcrawlers, Bonerama and Tony Award-winner, Michael Cerveris. His compositions have been featured on HBO's critically accliamed series, TREME, syndicated NPR series, The Reading Life, and as the program theme for Comic Relief 4. Matt is the musical director and orchestrator for Nine Lives - the Musical. Matt can be seen locally performing with The Tin Men, Paul Sanchez and the Rolling Road Show, The Midnite Disturbers, Debbie Davis, The Klezmer All-Stars, John Gros, Alex McMurray, Bonerama, Aurora Nealand & the Royal Roses, the Panorama Jazz Band and the Last Waltz tribute with Warren Haynes and Don Was.
What people are saying...
* "sousaphone ace, Matt Perrine" - Jazz Times
* "the amazing sousaphone master Matt Perrine." - Tom Reney, New England Public Radio
* "It was a revelation that the mighty sousaphone could be played so dexterously. Perrine huffed and puffed great, fat funk lines, slid easily into be-bop walking bass and made solos that could describe yearning as readily as beefy effervescence." - Sydney Morning Herald
* "Matt Perrine does things with the sousaphone that don't seem possible. This truism will probably go on his tombstone." - Gambit Weekly
* "...one of the hardest working players in local show business, all over the musical map" - Chris Rose, Times Picayune
* "the incomparable Matt Perrine who plays his sousaphone as though it’s a trumpet" - Humid City, New Orleans The Underground Guide
* "Perrine’s sousaphone playing is amazingly fluid, groovy and always harmonically interesting" - Jazzreview
* "With his playing, arranging and composing, he continues to raise the bar for traditional music" - Tom McDermott, Offbeat Magazine
* "Matt Perrine’s brilliant arrangements add depth and New Orleans authenticity to the production, quietly heralding the finest work of his career." - John Swenson, Offbeat Magazine
* "Matt Perrine plays "Pick up the Pieces" on sousaphone in a way Weather Report probably never dreamed of." - Rose of Sharon Witmer, Allmusic
* "tuba freak Matt Perrine shook the crowd all night long." - Tripadvisor.com